Alive & Kicking Tomato sauce
Great for prostate health, diabetes, and cardio-vascular health. Crammedfull of antioxidants, lycopene, and capsaicum.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 lb organic ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 can organic chopped tomatoes 400g
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large handful basil torn into small pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add cherry tomatoes and diced pepper.
- Shake gently to coat with oil.
- Add cayenne, paprika and oregano.
- Cook for about five mins on a low heat.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook slowly for 45 mins -1 hour.
- Add the torn basil and give a good sprinkle of black pepper.
- and then:Serve over grilled/steamed chunky white fish (e.g. cod or monk fish) and garnish with parsley. Vegetable accompaniment: Broccoli – OR –
- Serve over grilled Tuna: Add about four black olives chopped. Plus parsley chopped. Vegetable accompaniment: Grilled aubergine slices. – OR –
- serve over spagetti squash noodles with a shaving of hard cheese.