Mood Boosting Date and Walnut Muffins with Molasses and Flax
These mood-boosting muffins contain Omega-3 and Uridine to support good brain health and fight depression.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Molasses UNSULPHERED
- 3/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup buttermilk Or natural yogurt thinned to consistency of milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups flour Can use half whole wheat and half white, or spelt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C), and prepare 12 muffin cups with papers or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, molasses, buttermilk/yogurt,flax, and salt, and add the dates to the batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda and cinnamon.
- Gently stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.